Allison Janney picks first Oscar for 'I, Tonya'

Allison Janney arrives at the Oscars on Sunday

The actress took home her first Oscar for best supporting actress for "I, Tonya" during 90th annual Academy Awards. It got a significant laugh, but she quickly added, "Nothing further from the truth".

"I, Tonya" is also up for two other awards: Best Film Editing and Best Actress (Margot Robbie).

The ear-nibbling parakeet named Little Man "elevated my work", Janney said.

Janney, who has had a very successful awards season, snagging a Golden Globe, a SAG, and now an Academy Award, seemed to have a hunch early on that I, Tonya would be successful.

She won almost every major award she'd been nominated for leading up to the Oscars, including a BAFTA, a Screen Actors Guild award, a Golden Globe and a Critics' Choice prize. Second, Janney was to play LaVona Golden.

David Ogden Stiers, Major Winchester in 'M*A*S*H,' dies at 75
His agent Mitchell Stubbs confirmed the sad news on Twitter , telling fans that he had died at his home in Newport, Oregon . Emmy Award-winning actor David Ogden Stiers has died at his OR home, following a battle with bladder cancer.

"This one is in my bed with me", Janney explained, when asked if she had a spot already picked out for her shiny new hardware. I love you. And this is for Hal. "Those scenes helped me find her humanity, helped me find what made her a human being, not just an on the page monster".

"I did it all by myself", she said.

"I said, 'I want it in writing or it's a deal breaker.' I said it before she had even read the script or even said she would do it", Rogers said. "You're always in my heart".

Janney's brother, Henry "Hal" Janney, committed suicide in 2011 after battling addiction.

She threw them off again.

China's top political advisory body opens annual session
Amending the Constitution is a big event in the country's political life and a major legislative activity with wide-ranging implications, he said.

The ceremony marks Janney's first time attending the ceremony as a nominee.

"I am so happy that I have a job to go to after something like this because it can go to your head", she said.

"I'm going to have a big crash-down after this so I'm happy I have the people on Mom to lift me up and keep me going and keep me focused". "She's this quirky, odd woman with so much anger and so much resentment". I remember going to Hawaii and going to the top of Haleakala, the highest point in Maui, and the guy taking the tickets up at the top said, 'Are you Allison Janney?

"I just wasn't given the kind of roles on film that would give me attention like this".

Thus the character in "I, Tonya" is based on an amalgamation of interviews, documentary footage from 1986 (in which LaVona conducts her interview with a bird on her shoulder), stories from Harding and Gillooly and some artistic license.

Ally Brooke To Perform During E!'s Oscars Red Carpet Countdown Show
As these timely questions loom, there may be more suspense during the red carpet coverage than in the Oscars show. She has to make a decision and rally around him ".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Former Mizzou star Aldon Smith involved in domestic violence incident
Mar 06, 2018 - 02:49
Smith checked into a rehab facility in 2016 after a video that appeared to show him with marijuana, although he denied it was him. The victim's injuries were not life-threatening, police said. "I'm scared for his life with his addiction ", the woman told TMZ.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Nagaland: NDPP, BJP and others elect Neiphiu Rio as their leader
Mar 06, 2018 - 02:48
The NDPP leader had yesterday staked claim to form the government in the state claiming that the alliance has the majority. The collapse of Left rule in Tripura after 25 years has landed CPM and the Left politics in multiple crises.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Syrian troops continue advance on eastern Ghouta
Mar 05, 2018 - 01:40
The government is pressing on despite Western calls for it to abide by a 30-day, countrywide ceasefire demanded by the U.N. At least 76 pro-regime fighters and 43 rebels from Jaish al-Islam have also been killed in clashes since Feb 25, it said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Donald Trump tariffs would damage US, global economies
Mar 05, 2018 - 01:37
The Beer Institute , the beer industry's national trade association, also came out against Trump's tariff decision on Thursday. On the heels of a proposed Trump Administration tariff on imported steel and aluminum , USA stocks fell sharply on Thursday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Uber passenger blacks out, takes $1600 ride
Mar 05, 2018 - 01:33
You go out on the town, have one too many margaritas, and need to call an Uber home. "Afterwards I had it fully sink in", he said. Bachman challenged the fare, but Uber officials told that he agreed to pay for the ride after they got in touch with him.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Baldwin's Trump Boasts On 'SNL' He's Running Country Like A Waffle House
Mar 05, 2018 - 01:32
Trump's initial lash out at Baldwin came from a Hollywood Reporter interview where Baldwin describes having to play Trump as " agony ".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Markets Right Now: Plans for steel tariffs sink United States stocks
Mar 05, 2018 - 01:30
Wednesday's plunge left the Dow down 6 percent from its January 2018 all-time high, while the S&P 500 is off about 5.5 percent. The Cboe Volatility Index.VIX, the most widely followed barometer of expected near-term volatility of the S&P 500 index .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Netanyahu faces eighth questioning in graft probes
Mar 05, 2018 - 01:21
Netanyahu is suspected of acting to benefit internet giant Bezeq, also owned by Elovitch, for favorable coverage on the news site. In Case 1000, police say Netanyahu received gifts worth 1 million shekels ($280 million) from overseas businessmen.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top What are the different types of diabetes?
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:06
Last night, research bodies welcomed the new study, but stressed more examination of the drug's effects was still needed. Diabetes classification has been typically restricted to three types until now - types 1 and 2 and gestational diabetes.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Anthony Scaramucci Says He's Banned From The White House
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:05
Kelly also provided reporters with a more fulsome time line to the Porter scandal. The chief of staff also said the claims shocked him and the rest of the staff.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rick Ross Hospitalized & On Life Support
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:05
TMZ has said that Ross's family have denied reports that the musician is on life support . He was transported to an area hospital where he received treatment for possible pneumonia.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Marine Le Pen facing jail after posting images of terror atrocities
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:04
The Front National (FN) leader is not the only member of her party facing the same charges. She later deleted the image of Foley after receiving a request from his family.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top White House denies national security advisor McMaster set to exit
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:04
For months, reports have grown of National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster in the Oval Office", Anton said Thursday evening.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Aer Lingus confirm all flights cancelled until Saturday
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:03
So, if you do have flights or transport planned for tomorrow, make sure to check online before leaving your house. Many easyJet flights from Gatwick, its biggest base, and its headquarters airport of Luton, are also grounded.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top No Injuries Reported In Bizarre Attack On Lidl Store In Dublin
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:02
Dublin Fire Brigade confirmed that they attended the scene after reports of a fire, but say there was no fire at the scene. The spokesperson said: "We are aware of a number of incidents in the Tallaght Garda district".